The Betsy Scrivener

In the Hallways

Torie Jones, Staff Reporter

The Hallways

Communications

Phones, drama, fights and lectures all happen in the hallways at public schooling. The hallways are usually packed at EHS from A to E. A unnamed senior states,” Most hallways are slower because of the fact of being on there phone.’’ Which in that statement the hallways are lacking  movement because of people being on their phones. A sophmore has stated, “ Most reasons the hallways are packed is because of people stopping and talking to one another.” Negative effects are usually the main thing people look at but they never put the positive to the best. A senior stated,” that the best thing is that kids are at least communicating and not distancing themselves.”  Students that are on there phones are usually texting friends that don’t go to EHS, playing games, or texting others who are in class. Most are either on the phones or walking down the hallways.

Space

At EHS theres not alot of room in the hallways because of all the students with in them. Lockers can take some part of the hallways and, you don’t really ever see anyone using the lockers. One sophomore said,” We should just do away with the lockerts completely considering the fact no one barely uses them.” The hallways are a space grabber which fills quickly. Lockers Can be a big part of taking up space considering the fact that lockers are big structures. Why waste the space when don’t need too there are plenty of student as EHS crammed into hallways. If we took them out of the hallways there would be more space for students to get around.