The student news site of Elizabethton High School

The Betsy Scrivener

The EHS Insider

From left to right, the sophomore, the junior, the freshman (our senior is not pictured)

Hannah Roaten

Hannah Roaten

This week’s EHS Insider features three beginning drama students.

Winter Vance is a freshman in beginning drama. She started the class because she has always wanted to get involved in public speaking and acting. Some things she likes about the class are active discussions, where students can voice their opinions and speak freely. She enjoys singing pop music. Her favorite artist is Taylor Swift, because she enjoys the beat and voice of her songs. She also writes fiction and romance stories that vary in length. She really loves her three dogs, but if she could have any pet she would want a Hippogriff from Harry Potter. A fun fact about her is that her name is from the book, The Change Over by Margaret Mahy.

Madison Townsend is a sophomore in Elizabethton High School’s drama program. Madison calls drama, ‘’the best class ever’’. Three things she loves about drama are Mrs. Foster, the funny people in the class, and the overall really cool subject. In her free time she enjoys reading Court of Thorns and Roses, and any Greek themed books. She has been a Girl Scout for five years. One interesting thing about her is that she has red hair and blue eyes, one of the rarest color combinations to occur naturally. She also loves to draw and has three siblings. She was placed in beginning drama last minute after making a pact with her friend Andrew.

Zachary Dula-Elliot is a junior in beginning drama. He took the class because of how much he likes Mrs. Foster. His favorite three things about the class are the activities, how open students can be in the class to express themselves, and just the people in general. Some of the activities include improv, where students can ‘break the ice’ by acting however long or short they want, and connecting to other students through stepping out of your comfort zone mutually. Some fun facts about Zach are he is a handy builder, he goes to church at Harvest Baptist Church, and he loves The Walking Dead. Zach is also unique in that he is not only in beginning drama, but also advanced drama, and helped tremendously with The Great Gatsby.

Ryan Moye is a senior in the beginning drama program. He joined drama because he thought it was interesting to try new things. His favorite things about drama are that it is a hands-on experience, his fun classmates, and getting to spend time with Mrs. Foster.  Some of Ryan’s hobbies are watching TV, sleeping, and play video games. He has four older siblings and wants to go to Northeast State to further his education. He would like to be a welder, because of the jobs mobility. He is looking forward to prom and graduation.